SMC School Self Evaluation Targets for 2018-2021
- To enhance and promote Comprehension in all years, but with special focus on Junior Cycle. This is inherent to language learning, and focus will be on vocabulary appropriate to students’ year and level. Term 1 – reading and oral comprehension; Term 2 aural and written comprehension.
- To embed and promote problem solving strategies among 1st – 3rd year students across all subjects.
- To encourage students to reflect on their progress as learners and develop a sense of ownership and responsibility for their learning
- Provide our Students with the opportunity to use their Student Voice in an appropriate and learner driven way.
- To increase awareness of the Student Support Structures that are in place among Junior Cycle Students
- To provide students with resilience strategies, that allow them to cope with failure and difficult life situations
Teaching and Learning:
- Teachers value and engage in professional development and professional collaboration.
- Teachers contribute to building whole staff capacity by sharing their expertise.